LiveBinders

What is a Livebinder?

LiveBinders are virtual binders with resources from our class lessons to help students learn.   Don’t have your Social Studies Folder at home?  That’s OK! You can find everything here in the livebinder.  Videos, links, handouts, and curriculum information are packaged together for anytime use.

CIVICS PART 1 LIVEBINDER

Civics Part 1

INTRODUCTION LIVEBINDER

Social Studies Intro

16 Comments

on “LiveBinders
16 Comments on “LiveBinders
  1. I have no clue if it is a little to late to be posting this but the other day I was watching a show called pawn stars and I realized that this a first source because all the artifacts that people brought in to the store where all used at a certain point in history.

2. Hi Mrs. D! The beginning of Lord Of The Flies, reminded me a lot of the movie Cast Away. Both movies involve a plane crash on a deserted island and finding ways to survive. I just found this interesting and wanted to share it!

3. Hey Mrs.D! This past weekend, my mom and I were searching Netflix to find a movie to watch. We decided on A League Of Their Own! While watching it I realized that it was an example of a secondary source! This movie tells a fictionalized account of the real-life All American Girls Baseball League! This team was formed because the men’s baseball teams had to serve in WWII. this went on from 1943-1954, I really enjoyed the movie itself and the learning aspects of it. I’m glad that I could connect it to something that I had learned in Social Studies class!

4. Hey Mrs.D! This past weekend my mom and I were searching Netflix to find a movie to watch. We decided on A League Of Their Own! While watching it I realized that it was an example of a secondary source! This movie tells a fictionalized account of the real-life All American Girls Baseball League! This team was formed because the Men’s baseball teams had to serve in WWII. This went on from 1943-1954, I really enjoyed the movie itself and the learning aspects in it. I’m glad that I could connect it to something that I had learned in Social Studies class!

5. Mr. Young, a Vietnam War Veteran, was a true inspiration for myself and my classmates. Mr.Young shared his story about Boot Camp and teamwork, emphasizing the importance of working together. Our class can become its’ own “Band Of Brothers.”

Thank You to Mr. Young and all the service men and women who risk their lives to fight for the freedom of our Country.

6. Katie, I hope you got the last few chapters. I added the google doc as a post on the blog and as a separate tab on the livebinder.

7. Hey, so I’m trying to check my work with the live binders and there are no answers for chapters all after the 24th one.

8. Hey ms d i know this doesn’t really have to do with social studies but i found it amazing the way some kids weren’t very moved by the movie the murder of Emmett till it made me realize that in the present generation a lot of kids are desensitized by gruesome things because of video games like call of duty or TV shows that tend to show disfigured bodies. It amazed me the difference between reactions in the 40’s or so when Emmett till they said 1 in 5 need assistance out of the building but when we look at our class there were a few head turns a few tears lining some eyes and a couple gasps but nobody was bawling like in the film it just made me realize the difference between that generation and this generation. i no that this hole thing is a run on sentence

9. Hi Mrs.DiGangi!
    I have been looking in the livebinder to study for tomorrows quiz and I wanted to let you know that the Livebinder is very helpful! Looking over the Preamble slideshow and watching all the vídeos makes studying easier! Thank You!

-Melissa
    C Period

10. Subway surfer is educational because from 2 weeks to a mouth there is a update that will bring you to a different country or state. You also can choose from many different characters that are available in the game.These characters have all different personalities and this shows the difference in people in the world.

11. Hi Jacob, I researched the app and you got it! Clash of Clans is not only fun but educational. It utilizes strategy, technological advances, economics and many other social studies concepts. Thanks for the recommendation and explanation!

12. I am requesting the app clash of clans. It is a free game in the App Store and is on the top 25 free games list.Clash of clans is a fun educational game. Clash of clans is based on mid evil times and is a is a game were you build your base.we as a class can group to gather and form a clan in wich we can talk to each other through letters in the game. The game is sesoered so there can be no use of fale language. Since we have mutipul people useing one iPad you can share a world with them. The game teaches us what it was like back in the mid evil times and how they had to live. It teaches us stragits and how not to take stuff for granit because it can back to get you.

13. The message of this PSA is to stop cyber bullying. The girl called the victim a zit face. This shows how cyber bullying can happen to people.