HeY! Hey! Let’s Make a P S A

Please refer to the PSA CHECKLIST while creating your PSA. Strive for Accuracy and mark the checklist as you go.

To watch more PSA samples type PSA into the search bar and use the vodpod widget in the top left side bar.

Please use the storyboard below to create your PSA. The “Student Sample” is based on Matt’s (class of 2010) KFC Cruelty PSA.

86 thoughts on “HeY! Hey! Let’s Make a P S A

1. I forgot what i was suppose to put under the IMAGES column. I need help for sad songs; my topic is g. I tried Katie’s songs.-they are really good. Could someone please suggest some i could use?

Thanks

2. Hi Ms. D,
    Well i will recommend some songs to Billy but some that i was thinking of right now would be “My Immortal” By Evanescence, and “Untitled” by Simple Plan. They are pretty popular songs but they would work.

3. Hi Kate,
    This is great! 🙂 I love that you are helping your peers by recommending audio. Maybe you could help Billy in our class. He is struggling with a song for his topic, dog fighting.

4. Hey Mrs. Digangi! This video didn’t exactly fit my PSA but I enjoyed and I think the origanal song should have been written like this.

5. Hi Ms. Digangi,
    My topic for the PSA is Hodgkin’s Disease. The American Cancer Society’s website has little information and no pictures about Hodgkin’s and none of the other Social Studies Resources fit my topic. What should I do?

6. My topic is Leukemia and on the right side bar you only have the American Cancer Society and that website didn’t really give me a lot of pictures do you have any other websites for leukemia or cancer or can i google pictures?

7. Hi Mrs. D
    I know its a little late but im having a hard time searching for pictures on child abuse. I have a few pictures fromt the blog, but im wondering if it is ok to take pictures from sites that are .edu and .org?

8. Hey, Ms. D!
    I was looking on the right side bar on the blog for images for my topic. My topic is Autism, and i didn’t see anything for that. Is it OK if I search Google images or a reliable source and put the URL under the picture?

9. My topic is cyber bullying. Can i just use google as my source? Or, do i have to use the specific resorces that you have given us?

10. Ms.D
    What is a copy image url only url? i just wrote a phrase under each picture. I explain why g. problem happens.
    Can I put more than 1 image on per slide?

Thanks

11. Hey Ms.DiGangi!

I’m planning on putting my ppt on the Wiki,and was wondering if I should put it under the “RAFT” section of the page.

Thanks again!

12. Hi Danielle,
    Please provide the link(s) so I can help.

Hi Brennan,
    Right click on the image online, click “copy image url.” Use that url no matter the length.

13. Ms. D, I was wondering the minimum amount of pictures we need. I have about eight so far and I’m still looking, but a friend called me earlier about it and I told him atleast six because of the 4-6 per page on the storyboard. Thank you.

14. I could only find a few images in the social studies resources for anorexia, i was wondering if you could add another link that has more pictures for me?

15. Ms. D, I have gotten some helpful pictures from resources off of the blog and google images (I do get the exact cites) and for the googled pictures some of the urls are really long. I was wondering if for the ones from google images if we could just put the main websites for those pictures. For example this is not what comes up in the main browsing bar, but on the side it gives the website: naturalwanders.com as an example. Is that ok or do we need the long source typing in the browsing bar? Thank you.

16. Hey again Ms. D,
    I’m having some trouble trying to find images under the “social studies resourses” for my topic. Can you give me some other suggestion websites that i can find images on?
    thanks!

17. Hi Himani,
    Bring your research paper and sources tomorrow. We’ll go through it together. “Reasons” asks you to explain why this social problem happens.

Hi Allie,
    Great connection! C’s name was short for Calogero. 😀 Joe Pesci and Chazz Palminteri are also in the movie. I do remember the scenes you mentioned.

Hi Brennan,
    Yes, you may. Are these images going to show your facts?

18. Ms. D, is it okay to use a picture from a cite that was a link on one of the sources on the blog? Can the image have text on it? Also, I know you said this earlier today, but my teacher didn’t really approve my picture that I wanted to use in my research poem. My teacher just looked at it, so could I use that picture? I feel that it will have a strong impact. Is it ok to use the Google images to find photos in addition t the blog resources? Thank you.

19. Ms. D

On my PSA storyboard you underlined Audio. I don’t have a microphone to do a voiceover. I found some images that show my facts.I did not fill out the “REASONS:'” BECAUSE i did not understand this. What am i suppose to put there.

Thanks

20. Mrs. D

Can you suggest some cites I can use under SOCIAL STUDIES RESOURCES? I went to the library one and none found sign came up.I had pictures on helpguide.org and others on goggle.

21. Actually, he used to work for a pet food company. He said they had to go to slaughter houses becaise depending on which food they were making, they needed some of those body parts.

Also, I was planning on using concrete angel as my audio. It is such a powerful song. Everytime I listen to it, it brings tears to my eyes. I hope it has the same effect on everyone else.

22. Hi Leah, Gabby’s PSA is embedded in the most recent post all for you and your sister. 🙂 Unfortunately, the audio doesn’t play because the inserted video for “Wild Horses” by Natatasha Bedingfield was removed.

23. Mrs.D, For my PSA images, I need to use a Google search because none of the resources listed on the sidebar work for Bipolar Disorder. Is that ok?

24. This book gave me already a bunch of information about the Native Americans months before we started to learn about them.

25. Hey Ms.DiGangi!
    My older sister is home from college for spring break this week and loves horses. I wanted to show her the horse slaughter psa to show her how sad it was and what a good job the person did, but I could not find it on here..do you know where i could find it? thanks!

26. Hi Dan, It is NEVER too late to talk about Native Americans! 😀 It is one of my favorite topics to study. Please share.

27. Hey ms. d, I know it is a little to late to talk about the Native Americans but I have a pop culture connection about them, my dad has a book all about Native Americans from the time they came over too America to present day time Natives.

28. Hi Marisa, Sure. You could also join our wiki, upload your file, and print from school. Our wiki: bkind2animals.wikispaces.com

29. And in response to your reply comment,the point of view she used,the images,the PERFECT music,and the way the text was displayed made it very powerful.Being an animal lover,just the topic got to me.But Gabby did a phenomenal job of using emotional appeal in every aspect!

30. Hey Ms.DiGangi!

My MacBook isn’t wirelessly (or in any way) hooked up to my main computer’s printer,so I was wondering for when I complete my images portion of the PSA storyboard,can I e-mail the slides to myself,and print it in homeroom? The only other factor prohibiting me from printing at home is the fact that our main computer doesn’t have PowerPoint,and there’s no other way for me to print it out.If that’s possible,that would be a great help!

Thanks again,and I can’t wait to make my PSA!!!

31. Hi Ms. D, what was most powerful to me was the images shown from the slaughtering. The music set the sad mood too.

32. Hi Marisa and Dan,
    I agree with both of you. The students from last year demonstrated their passion for their topics in very powerful PSAs. Dan, did you visit the website Gabby posted in her “for more info” section? I will post Gabby’s PSA but unfortunately, the music will not be included. What made Gabby’s powerful for you?

33. Hi Morgan, Wow! That was a great PSA and connection to “Children See, Children Do.” Do you think it is effective? Why?

34. Hi Melanie, Thank you for sharing what you learned from your dad. It’s wonderful that Matt’s PSA resonated with you. That was his goal. Did your dad grow up in an agricultural region? Does it help when you communicate and share knowledge with your family and friends? Will you use Concrete Angel as your audio? Your passion for your topic is evident.

35. Hi Brennan, Review the PSA definition. If your goal to educate and raise awareness will common knowledge fit that goal?

36. I was with my dad earlier today and I showed him the KFC PSA. He told me about how he went to slaughter houses when he was younger. He went to chicken, cow, and pig slaughter houses. Out of all houses, he said the chicken was the worst by far because they got slaughtered worst. It all related to the KFC PSA because it showed how badly the chickens were slaughtered and some even worse than what was shown.

37. Ms.D, for the PSA storyboard, I have a fact that is common knowledge wherever you look up my topic, so when I list the source for that fact can I write down all sources with water pollution information (common knowledge)? Also, for the models of civic virtue, can they be kids or do they have to be adults? Thank you.

38. Hey Ms. D, I think that those psa videos were really powerful. Especially the horse slaughter psa. What an inhumane way to kill an animal. What is the point of killing the horses any way?