PSAs are due next Tuesday, March 29th.
Let’s recap our progress:
- Almost 4 weeks has passed since our lesson, “Hey! Hey! Let’s Make a PSA!” Classes watched several professional PSAs about global, national, and local social issues including a class favorite, Dad Cheerleader.
- Whole classes interpreted and analyzed PSAs using the “PSA Practice Handout.”
- Teams of 2 students interpreted and analyzed PSAs using the “PSA Practice Handout”
- We reviewed the CRITERIA for the project using the ActivBoard. See handout, “Hey, Hey, Let’s Make a PSA.”
- Students analyzed the use of TEXT, IMAGES, AUDIO, and EMOTIONAL APPEAL by a student in several student sample PSAs. Please refer to the blog for student samples.
- Students as a whole class and in teams practiced creating a PSA Storyboard using the STUDENT Sample.
- Students accessed their Research (already completed in December, HUZZAH!) to create their Storyboards.
- Students were assigned the “WORDS COLUMN” of the PSA Storyboard for homework and received feedback.
- Students were assigned the “IMAGES COLUMN” of the PSA Storyboard for homework & received feedback.
- Students shared their storyboards with their peers and/or conferred with the Teachers.
Students may upload their PSAs to our class wiki. Please see below for the instructions. 😀 We know you will do well if you Strive for Accuracy & FOLLOW THE PSA DIRECTIONS, Apply Past Knowledge, and Persist.
For students that are struggling or need extra help please refer to the TEMPLATE below.