EDiT YouRSeLF !

DIGITAL STORYTELLING…

If starting a project is the most difficult part of the process, editing is a close 2nd.

Remember, it’s not how many slides you have or how many minutes you use…it is all about how effectively you communicate the goal and the facts, advocate for your social issue, and employ emotional appeal.

Watch this quick tutorial to help with the editing process.  The major points are on slides 76-82.

62 thoughts on “EDiT YouRSeLF !

1. I put the presentation all back together,and added much better recorded audio,so there will be no use for my iPod.The only thing I can do at this point is to bring in my laptop,because I’m not sure what else there is to do.

Thanks so much for all this help Ms.D!

2. Sorry for having to send my PSA in SO MANY parts,but it still won’t let me send the 1st slide,no matter what I do.The file sizes are all still too big,even in halves.The new flash doesn’t work,and I’m really stressing out about it.

Anything else I should try?

3. I thought this post was helpful and it gave good tips on how to hit good points while displaying a good presentation. It also had humor which would make it more appealing to the viewer.

4. Hi Dan, You aren’t on the member list for the wiki. The wiki tutorial is on the blogs left side bar. You may have registered with wiki but didn’t click ‘”Request Membership” for the class wiki. We can fix this in homeroom. As a back up, email me your project. Have a good night

5. Hey Ms. D. I know it is late but i need to know if you have approved my sign up and what are the directions for uploading the psa to the wiki

6. I looked for it but it said it was protected. I guess i was never accpeted to the wiki. I just sent it to your email, if that’s okay.

7. Hi Rachel,
    Did you read and follow the wiki tutorial? Click on your class in the left sidebar. click EDIT in the top right.

8. Hi Tim,
    Copy and paste the link into the wiki. What type of file is your song? Did you read the tutorials for inserting audio? That may help.

9. Hey, when I’m trying to uploead my PSA onto the wiki but i cant find the edit button. What should i do?

10. hi ms d i am having problems with the audio for my psa.my computer does’nt have a microphrone and i cant get an mp3 version of my song because it is a parody.so i was wondering if i could send you the link to the song and u could play it in the background during my psa presentation.

11. Okay,I won’t delete it.I do have the actual music file saved on top of the PSA though.

Thanks for all the help & have a good night!

I can’t wait to view everyone’s PSA’s and to share mine with my peers! 🙂

12. Ms.D
    ok I checked my email, i will try to do it and just in case i can’t i added the youtube thing to my psa as a link so if it doesn’t work. Thanks Ms. D

13. Hi Dan,
    Read and follow the tutorial on the blog under the blog post, “How to Insert TUNES.” It even has pictures. 🙂

14. Ms. D, I uploaded my file to the wiki and when I look on the page my file says “click here to download plugin” did I upload it correctly?

15. If i feel better tomorrow and come to school would you help me with trying to get the audio into my psa so it sounds right or should i buy the song on itunes and put it in, is it easy to put a itunes song into a psa because i have never done it? The song i want to put my song into the psa is Sarah McLachlan- Angel

16. Hey Ms. D, I finished my psa but I need some help to know how to get my song through the whole psa. I am able to get it on one slide but not the other slides. I am using Power point on a mac laptop a lot like your laptop.

17. Ms. D I uploaded it but i have a mistake on there and I want to fix it how can i fix it and should i delete the one i put on the page and i still don’t know what i should do with the song because it doesn’t sound right when i put it on there

18. Yea i decided i just wanted to do a song but when i try to record the song it sounds like static and gets cut off when i go to the next page in the psa

19. Lindsay,
    Click on your class period on the Left Side Bar. On that page you will see the edit tab in the top right.

20. Also Ms.D I tried to figure out to upload my psa and i can’t find the edit button thing, like it said to go to raft through history and i am stuck there

21. Hi Lindsay,
    Add the song or narration for each slide. Don’t use both unless you know how.

22. When I do the record narration on my computer it makes a static sound and the song just doesn’t sound good because it gets cut off when I go to the next slide so the song doesn’t make sense

23. Ms. D, I also sent you a request for membership on bkind2animal.wikispaces.com

24. Hi Lindsay,
    Could you clarify what you mean. Don’t bring your computer to school. We can problem solve tomorrow and schedule your PSA for Thursday. Did you upload your PSA to the wiki?

25. Hi Ms. D
    When i did the narration thing on my power point for my song it didn’t sound right, i was wondering if i could not add it but would i be able to bring it up on the computer and play it so that it would sound better

26. I just tried it again,and it was some technical glitch for a second there I guess,because I got it on the flash! I saved the music file on top like you had instructed me to today,but should I delete the recorded audio that I had originally put in,or will the music file just override the actual file?

Thanks for all the help,and the encouraging and positive comments mean a lot!

27. Hi Marisa,
    Don’t worry. I have a solution: Split your powerpoint in half. Save it as Part 1 & Part 2. Try uploading part 1 to the wiki. Let me know how it goes. I will download both and reassemble into 1 powerpoint. I am sorry that you are dealing with these minor obstacles but, I also admire your commitment to the work. 😀

28. I’m gonna try again,and should I delete the recorded sound inserted in the presentation?

29. Hey Ms.DiGangi,

I normally always take the bus,and I think she has a CPR course at her work early tomorrow morning,so I’m not 100% sure she’d be able to pick me up/drop me off.The PSA is indeed on Powerpoint,and is 24 slides.I have one verse of my poem per slide,so that’s why it’s so long.

30. Hi Marisa,
    Hmm…the flash is 8gb and should have enough storage. Do you get picked up or dropped off? I have another flash I will loan you. Is your PSA on ppt? How many slides?

31. Hi Mrs D,
    I uploaded my PSA to the wiki and but when I tried to upload my music to the wiki it would not upload because the file was too big. Do you have any suggestions on how I can get it too you?

32. Hey Ms.DiGangi!

I really appreciate you letting me use the flash drive for my PSA! I am still having some difficulties with it,though.I just tried it,and for some reason it would only let me put the music in the storage,because there apparently isn’t enough room for the actual presentation too (?).My PSA surely isn’t 5 or more minutes,but more around 2-2 1/2 minutes long.Is there anything else I should try,or should I bring my MacBook and its wire tomorrow?

Thanks so much for the help,and I really appreciate it!

33. Hi Austin, Yes. The directions are on the blog’s left side bar in the slideshare widget.

34. Ms. DiGangi I forgot to request membership for joining the wiki and posting my PSA. I was hoping that there would still be a chance you could still request it even though I forgot to when I signed up.

35. I really thought that this was helpful. It taught me how to effectively lay out my ideas using humor and visuals.I think that this could help many students with their PSA.

36. Hey Ms D!Thank you for reconmending the PSA template it was very helpful in creating my PSA!

37. Ms.Digangi
    I wasnt sure if you meant this show or the template in the email but I watched both. I think this really helps in what we are all trying to do in our PSA’s. You are showing us how to “think outside the box” and I will use this also when making my revisions. Thankyou again!

38. Wow. This post was helpful and funny at the same time! I liked how some stuff like that can be unbelievable boring and this slideshow was anything but boring! This reminds me of the horse slaughter PSA that we watched in class. It wasn’t in the direct guidelines of powerpoint but it had a clear main topic and a cause. I really enjoyed this presentation.

-Anna