WHy HiSToRY MaTTerS

Use the slideshow below to:

practice active note-taking

evaluate the significance of people’s words and deeds in context of time and place

evaluate historical sources & assess credibility

interpret and recognize POV and bias

EXTRA CREDIT:

Share your POP CULTURE connections to history by posting a comment.ย  If you want to share a video – copy and paste the embed code under your comment.

Don’t forget to check the AGENDA/HW calendar by clicking on the AGENDA/HW tab at the TOP of the blog.ย 

84 thoughts on “WHy HiSToRY MaTTerS

1. Social studies this year is going to be so much fun. I love getting to use the Ipads during class. And also the stop light strategy will help me be a better note taker, so that will help me do better in class. This year is going to be great!

2. I thing social studies is going to be very exciting and interesting this year. I also like the ipads, they make social studies a lot more fun. I hope we get to use them all year round because i think they are a lot easier o tke notes off of.

3. LOVE SOCIAL STUDIES!! Can’t wait for school all of my clases are awesome and WE get to use Ipads!? THIS YEAR IS GOING TO BE AWESOME!!! I wonder what is left in store for social studies and for my other clases. Cannot wait for Monday!!

4. This year is my favorite social studies class. I love how we get Ipads,we are so lucky. I cant wait to see what the projects will be like is year.

5. iPads are the coolest ever and i love them. I’m so glad that we have them in social studies. Social studies is the greatest EVER!!!!!

6. Social studdies is so fun. I already learned a ton and it’s the second week of school. I learned about digital citizenship and all about how to use a iPad. The taking notes sheet I think is really also going to help me learn and take notes. It’s going to be a good year!!

7. Hi Mrs. D! I think social studies is going to be awesome this year, because I love learning about history. Also, I now know more about why history is important because of the slideshow we’re watching! For example, we learn from our mistakes, so if I forgot everything that happened in the past I would continue to make unnecessary mistakes over and over again. I can’t wait for social studies tomorrow! ๐Ÿ™‚

8. The traffic light note taking idea is so cool. I love using the Ipads in school it is so much fun! The videos we watch in social studies are fun but we actually learn new information from them too! (:

9. the stop light note taking strategy is very helpful because it helps us know when to take notes and how to take them. when using this strategy, I’m sure you will see an improvement successful note taking.

10. Social Studies is SO MUCH FUN!!!! I especially love the iPads and the Active Not Taking skills. I have a question for Mrs. D, how do you make an avatar? Cant wait to go back to class on Monday!!!

11. Hey guys social studies is awesome! My iPad still doesn’t work and I hope it will soon. Oh and Narwhals are awesome!

12. I love social studies this year. It is great. My teacher is great and we get I pads. I am learning a lot already. Like 911 and more. I think it is really cool that we can post comments so others can see. The Conch is awsome.

13. I love social studies this year. It is great. My teacher is great and we get I pads. I am learning a lot already. Like 911 and more. I think it is really cool that we can post comments so others can see. The Conch is so cool.

14. Hola’ its Anthony. Narwals are awesome. Overall social studies ROCKS. the iPads are great. By far my favorite class. Thanks for making social studies the best class out of all my classes!!! BYE

15. I think that the stop light strategy is very helpful. I think it will help keep us organized. Also, its very easy to remember when it is seperated by color.

16. i love social studiess sooo much! it is so fun:) i love the teacher and the best part is the ipads!!

17. Social Studies is the best class in 8yellow!! A period is awesome! The best part is our teacher&the ipads.

18. Hey guys its me Eric. Social studies is awesome and the Ipads are awesome except that mine doesnt work:(

19. So ๎ˆ”๎•๎‰
    I ๎€ข ๎๎’๎“๎”ค๎”ฌ๎”ช๎”ฑ๎”ฑ๎๎”ง๎‘๎„‹๎”ซ๎”ฏ๎„‰๎”จ๎€š๎„ด๎”ฐ๎”ฉ๎”ฆ๎”ญ๎”ก๎”ฃ๎”ฃ๎”ฎ๎•๎”ฅ๎„Š๎”ข๎€™๎”๎”  ANIMALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!๎Œท๎Œท๎Œท๎Œท๎Œท๎Œท๎Œท๎Œท๎Œท๎Œท๎Œท๎Œท๎Œท๎Œท๎Œท๎Œท๎Œท๎Œท๎Œท๎Œท๎Œท๎Œท

20. I love social studies

I love using iPads in school we learn so much and hope that this year doesn’t end well I do but I like using the iPads. Every s.s class should be happy that we get to use them and blue hall doesn’t get to use them. Haha yeah yellow hall

21. I love s.s. I love it because I havE the coolest teacher and get to use I pads !!!!!!!!!!!!!! <(-_-)>

22. iPads are so fun to use in social studies. It makes social studies so fun!!!!! I can’t wait to get to social studies!

23. I love to use Ipads in school. This class is the best. This is my favorite class in the world. We have the best teacher. I hope we use these everyday of the year it will be so fun. I wish all the classes have these next year that would be so cool.