CYOA: STuDY TooLS

The Test is scheduled for next Tuesday. Refer to the STUDY GUIDE & CYOA below.
The CYOA is due on Tuesday.

-“Those who fail to plan, plan to fail.”
Guidelines for Success:

Follow the Study Guide as you complete your CYOA: Study Tool.

Plan ahead and work on 1 section  each night.  Use the STUDY TOOL to test your knowledge, reasoning, and application skills.

Memorization IS NOT learning.  DO NOT memorize.

Study by DOING SOMETHING with the content.  Select 1 CYOA that appeals to your learning style and you will do well.  😀

If you are confused, ask questions in class or on the blog. Do not wait until the night before the test.

Watch for Key Ideas as you complete your CYOA using the Study Guide.

Think about your thinking.  Practice thinking just like athletes practice before a game.

Watch the video about critical thinking.  Elementary school students are the intended audience.  Do you think that this still applies to middle school students?

What advice would you give to Naive Nancy?  Selfish Sam?

The video clip below details Thinking Standards.
Tell us which standards are your strengths. Which Thinking Standards are areas for growth?

17 thoughts on “CYOA: STuDY TooLS

1. Here is my slideshow! I loved playing Hannah’s!

2. Hi Emma, That sounds fine. The “action” is putting the items into context so you remember them. I am sure you are doing well and I look forward to seeing your “Picture It.” 😀

3. I got a 1500 out of 1900 on hannah’s quiz. It was a really hard quiz to take. This is going to help me for the test tomorrow. Thanks!!

4. Hi Mattie, Yes. There are more cards that print out because each time you click the right arrow you open a new page. As recommended in class, after you type 4 cards hit “See it” and then print. Don’t hit the arrows until you are ready to move on. That should remedy the problem. 🙂

5. Hi I was trying to do the Flashcards 2.0 and when I try to print them out, there are extra cards that print out and say “Enter Text”. Is there any way I can get rid of these extra cards so they don’t print out?

6. Hi Mrs. DiGangi,
    I decided to do Picture It for my CYOA. Do we have to make each topic do an action? I am making my cards so that I have creative ways to remember the term by involving action and situations in life that I can connect to. Is this okay? not every one is doing an action.

7. Hi Gianni, Did you call or text a friend? Others students and I can’t post the username and password here according to our digital safety rules. Send me an email and I can respond via email.

8. Can anyone help me with this problem? I’m trying to log onto Quizrevolutution for the CYOA and it won’t let me log in. I think I need the username and password again because I think I copied it down wrong.

9. Can anyone help me with this? I’m trying to log onto Quizrevolutution and it won’t let me log in. T need the password again because I think I copied it down wrong.

10. My mom and I were talking about how girls are portrayed in commercials and advertisements we and we both agreed that it isn’t right how girls are shown.We didn’t like the way girls are looked upon so we wanted to do something about it. So we talked to my moms friend who is a woman activist and she sent us the link below. Once you click on the link, it asks you if you would like to take the pledge. “I pledge to use my voice to spread the message of Miss Representation and challenge the media’s limiting portrayal of women and girls” is what it says on the top. It would be a great accomplishment if we (Girls) showed the media that it isn’t right the way we are portrayed. Thanks 🙂
    http://missrepresentation.org/

11. In reading we were learning about the pledge of alligance and it had said that the person that had wrote had taken the word “equality” because he didn’t want to form a debate about how women and African Americans didn’t have rights. Also we learned that the U.S government made a law that change the words from, “my flag” to “the flag of the United States of America” becuase the U.S didn’t want to let people to use the flag from their home country. This related to social studies because King John the first tried to take away some of the rights that the barons had but the differnece is that King John the first failed and the U.S government did not.