RAFT PROJECT

Today, we have a snow day due to inclement weather. Tomorrow, we will distribute your storyboards with feedback. We have eliminated the writing prompt portion of the project. Focus on the following:
1) Image search of your topic due tomorrow
2)Strive for Accuracy by re-reading your research, text, class handouts about your topic.
3) If you haven’t already started, start your project but only in the DRAFT phase. Cake Boss students should only work on drawings/sketches. Archeologists should start organizing their materials and positioning them within their scene. Do not glue down.
If you have any questions please post a comment here.

66 thoughts on “RAFT PROJECT

1. Ms.D

Please read below too. I am going to email you my musics and can you give me some ideas – I really don’t know what renaissance songs sound like.I want it related to my topic But i just dont know which i can have,My mom and i disagree.
    Thanks

2. Ms.D
    I have been sick for the past few days and I finishing up my project tonight I was only in school once last week and I was wondering if we recieved a writing prompt sheet for the RAFT project. In step seven on the checklist it says “I have responded to the writing prompt” was there a writing prompt given out when i was out or do I write a paragraph explaining my topic?

3. Ms.D

I need help finding a renaissance Michelangelo music. Did you say we have to have a music. I thought you told me not to worry about that.My mom said I have to. It says on rubic.I’ll try my best to find a italian renaissance music.I’ll try to match the music with my topic.

Thank you

4. Thank you! I inserted the song using a website to convert the video’s audio into an mp3. Then, i just “dragged and dropped” the file from my iTunes into the end of the video.

5. Hi Rachel, Nice! How did you insert the Black Death song? Pink panther music…can’t get any better. 😀

6. Hi Nicky,
    It is really creative! 🙂 I like your intro! I may download it so that we are able to view it full screen.

7. Mrs. Digangi,
    I uploaded my video but it is very small. Are you going to play these directly from there or are you going to download it?

8. Thank you so much! I totally forgot about that video and it really helped me. Thank you Ms. Digangi. Also, do I need to print a copy of my slideshow or should I just follow the steps on the paper you gave in Ms. Masterman’s class?

9. Hi Himani,
    No, you do not have to resend. Multimedia presentations include audio and visuals. I don’t remember if you included any audio. Please check Step # 9 on your RAFT handout.

10. Hi Chris, Good rationale. I’m wondering if you came across information in your research regarding advantages for the survivors. A benefit was mentioned in The Black Death Music Video which is on our vodpod widget in the top left.

11. Ms.D

Hi,
    I was wondering if I need to make any changes to my powerpoint. How do I give to you if multimedia? Can i email? Did you read each slide of my ppt.? Is it too much;too less? I tried to keep it simple. Did i make it like an exhibit like it’s suppose to be? I tried to by adding “then there’s,” First of all,” Next I HAVE,” Can you please let me know the answers? Do I need to email you ppt. again to check?
    Thank You

12. I was thinking about giving statistics on how many people died during the pandemic. I was going to point out how it was such an accomplishment for the people that survived considering how many people didn’t. They could celebrate in honor of surviving such an awful pandemic.

13. Hi Chris, How would you incorporate your research and lessons into “Throw a Party?” The student who created “10 Steps to Become a Conquistador” outlined the information from his research and lessons before he added the clever twist. All of his information and ideas can be traced back to research or class. His humor was in addition to and connected to his understanding.

14. Hi Ms.Digangi, I’m doing the Author RAFT for how to survive the Black Death. Is it okay if I had a slide saying to throw a party for the people who survive. I thought it would be creative and humorous, similar to the example you showed in class. I don’t need to have it but I thought it would be clever. Thank you!

15. Hi Nicole, Label each Category and include a short description of what is in your project (i.e., “Economy: hunting bison”).

16. Hi Ms. D,
    For my diorama, I was confused if i have to label what each item is and if it economy, society, geography or political or just what each item is.

17. Hi Marisa, It’s great to hear and I am excited to see your project. Yes, you may add more facts. No, you won’t need a converter. Try insert sound from itunes and if it doesn’t play there is a converter within itunes. Click “ADVANCED” in the tool bar and click “create mp3 version” and that’s it.

18. Hi Brennan & Nicky, Yes, the length is fine.
    Brennan, What do you mean by moving images? Like the sistene chapel slide? Yes. What type of movie? Your multimedia should be an original product. You can bring in a flash although I set up a wikispace for uploading. I am having difficulty with my screencast software and can’t create a tutorial. Yes to the music question. Click on this link for adding audio (ignore the ads): http://www.dvd-ppt-slideshow.com/powerpoint-knowledge/sound-across-slides.html

19. Ms. D, is there a time limit on our music for the presentation? On the checklist for multimedia, it says my presenation has 7-10 slides for PowerPoint or is 1minute max for mp4. Is it ok that I have 12 slide including the sites and opening slide? Thank you.

20. Ms. D, are we allowed to use the movies or moving pictures from powerpoint that relate to our topic to enhance our visuals and make our multimedia presentation more visually appealing?

21. Ms. D, when we finish our raft project, how do the people who are doing a multimedia presentation bring ours in? Can we use a flash drive? Also, do we have to print out a regular copy for you to look at? Thank you.

22. Ms. D, I figured out how to convert my music and I got it onto itunes no problem. I just have a few questions. Is it ok to just have the music on one slide? Because I can’t figure out how to continue the play on multiple slides. Also, can we add some music we did not have on our storyboard? I wanted to add a song I saw in numerous Black Death videos. It is called summer overture by Clint Mansell. If there is a way to continue the songs onto numerous slides, could you please send me step by step instructions? Thank you.

23. Hi Mrs.DiGangi!

I’m making really good progress on my “10 steps to a successful slave trade/drive” powerpoint.But I just have two questions.

Can I also add more facts,other than what’s on my storyboard? What I mean,is using class materials to get additional facts that might not have been in my research.

Also,I understand that Brennan was having trouble with the audio for his project.I have a lot of audio from my iTunes library that I can use for my slideshow.Is the format that the music is already in accepted by Microsoft Powerpoint,or is there a converter I will need to use?

Thanks so much!

24. Mrs. Digangi,
    I finished my RAFT but with the sources included, it is 1:10. Without them, it is 53 seconds. On the rubric, it says that it can’t be longer than 1 minute. Is it okay that it is 10 seconds too long or will there be a point deduction. Thanks!

25. Ms. D

I tried to email you-my grandpa helped me!i’ll try again.i will try 2 -1 powerpoint 2nd-storyboard.
    emailed at 6:17.

26. Hi Ms D! I’m thinking about changing a part of my storyboard. I am doing CSI The Black Death, and planned to voice-over my video. Now, I am thinking that I am just going to “text narrate” my video. Is it too late to make this change?

27. Ms. D

I emailed you my powerpoint; I forgot to show you my storyboard!!! I was the town crier and I was getting it out. When i returned to my seat i forgot.

thanks!

28. Ms. D, I was wondering if we will go over the study guide tomorrow before the test. Thank you.

29. No, the episode was on Tuesday morning, when we had a snow day. I really enjoy watching the detectives and police officers use their skills and tools to find out who really commited the crime. On some episodes, it gets really intense, I like that also. Thank you for letting me keep the figures, I really want to emphasize how mean and thoughtless Cortes was to the Aztecs, he seemed like a very greedy man.

30. Hi Colin,
    Great connection between Law and Order and Slavery Then and Now! Was the episode on tonight? What do you like about watching Law and Order? You may keep the Aztec figures. Smallpox is a communicable disease and I am not taking any chances. 😀

31. Also, I was wondering if you were going to want those tiny little Aztec Figures back, I was going to make some adjustments to them to make them look sick with small pox. Since that is a way that Cortes took over the empire.

Thank You,
    Colin H

32. Hi Ms. D, I am going to make a pop-culture connection. Today, we had a discussion on slavery “then and now”, and I was watching a Law and Order: SVU episode the other day that had a case on child pornography. Therefore, the children in the videos and pictures were being used as sex slaves, as we discussed today…

33. Actually I have heard of him I saw his MMA fight on YouTube and I believe an E:60 on sportscenter.

34. Hi Brennan,
    We aRe GReeN iN 8 YeLLoW. 😀 If it were possible, I would create online tests/quizzes and go paperless… but everyone works at a different pace and we aren’t a “1 student: 1 computer” school.

35. Cj, Hmmm…I wonder what Kyle Maynard would say about your “hand getting tired from flipping the page over…” 😀 If you don’t remember Kyle Maynard from class google him.

36. No I did not lose it I just like to frequently check the guide to see if I’m doing it right and my hand was getting tired from flipping the page over.

37. Hi CJ,
    Did you lose yours from last week? Unfortunately, it isn’t on our slideshare because I wrote it. Follow the RAFT guidelines and in 6 steps organize the factual information from class AND research and draft what your final product will look like. Do an image search of your topic first because the images should inspire your final product.

38. Ms.D

I can’t figure out what to put on the last two slides. So far, i have who, what, art, skills/talents, famous for. I did everything you said to of slides.i was 2(two) short.
    thank
    you

39. Hi Brennan,
    Do the Powerpoint Organizer sounds relate to your topic? Yes, you may keep the time machine and make changes to the storyboard. Focus on historical accuracy and fact finding. 🙂

40. Ms. D, I know that you told us to take out all clip art in class and use real images to enhance our project if we are using multimedia. I was wondering if we could still keep any sounds/movies from the powerpoint organizer. Also, since one of my phases of the ten step phase includes a time machine I was wondering if I could just keep clip art for that slide. Lastly, could we change something from the storyboard that you marked right? For instince, I wanted to change my title to How to Create a Black Death: Ten Phases. Thank you.

41. Hi Dante, Did you read the post? You may start but don’t glue down anything. Are you using your image to make the diorama?

42. Ms.D

I am doing a diorama and I was wondering if I should wait to get the story board back before I start anything.

43. Hi Himani,
    Yes or an image of Michelangelo painting the chapel. You could also get an image of Leonardo da Vinci;s work.

44. Ms.D

For my image search, can i have a picture of the sistine chapel; i am doing the renaissance.I would like to have this because Michelangelo painted that and he was famous in high renaissance times. I’m not sure to print this. If i can’t, i’ll find another picture.