Happy 2nd Bday, Blog!

http://bit.ly/H9IcL6
Anthony in D pd reminded me that our blog was 2 years old.Β  Thanks, Ant! πŸ˜€ He suggested we celebrate!Β  Mr. Z and his classes celebrated their blog’s 1st birthday by adopting a virtual pet for their blog, a pig, named Don.Β  Visit Mr. Z’s 8th grade Math blog to meet their virtual pet by CLICKING HERE. Don’t forget to feed him an apple and if you post a comment following digital citizenship guidelines you will earn extra credit points. Take our Class Poll Below. Β 

We started our blog in 2010 with a very enthusiastic 8th grade class (The Class of 2010). They are now Sophomores in HS. EXTRA CREDIT: Do you know any current Sophomores or Freshmen that graduated from Yellow? Get them to post a comment on the blog telling us that YOU sent them and you will earn points. The class with the most points will get a sweet treat!

Over the past 2 years- 3 8th grade classes (approximately 385 students) and over 11,500 global visitors navigated our blog to post pop culture connections, review lessons, watch videos, and leave comments. Thank you global guests, students and staff for sharing your learning on our blog.

We are proud to be part of the Edublogs community.Β  Let’s Celebrate like it’s 1607, Colonial Style.Β  We will set a date in class to bring in Colonial foods using authentic recipes.Β  Volunteers will earn extra credit.Β  Stay tuned because recipes will be distributed in class. Β 
A very special thank you to 2 individuals that inspired me in immeasurable ways. Sue Waters, thank you sincerely for dedicating your time and expertise. I can always count on you to answer questions, fix glitches, and provide relevant, meaningful blog posts designed to challenge us to be better bloggers, 21st century learners and global citizens. πŸ˜€ Thank you, Kathleen Morris! The 2KM blog exposed me to compelling opportunities to improve student literacy, showcase student work, and share with an authentic global audience. Your students’ especially Bianca, thoughtful and well written comments prompted continuous dialogue centered around learning. Meet Ms. Morris and her students by visiting their class blog.

57 thoughts on “Happy 2nd Bday, Blog!

1. Hi Julia,
    It’s great to hear from you. I love the idea of HOWLER! Did you vote for the wolf too? It’s great to hear that you and Alyssa are Thinking Interdependently and worked together. Did you have fun?

2. Hi Katie,
    Someone else made cornbread (I think) so it should be enough especially if we cut some of the muffins in half. πŸ™‚

Sami,
    I am looking forward to your pumpkin pie!
    Hayley,
    Did you try the apple cider yet? It is always a huge hit with students.

Hi Amanda,
    Candied orange peels, yum…even better = candied seaweed. πŸ˜€

3. For our food party on Friday, I am making cornbread! I followed the recipe exactly, but it only made ten cornbread muffins. Is this enough?

4. I can’t wait for the party! Happy second birthday blog !! πŸ˜ƒπŸŽπŸŽ‰πŸŽˆ

5. Hey Mrs.D!
    For our virtual pet, I think we should name it Howler. Tomorrow for our food party I am bringing in Candied Orange Peels! Alyssa helped me… I’m so excited!!

6. Ms D,
    Hailey and I made Orange Peels for social studies. It was fun and I hope you like them…
    Amanda

7. On Friday I’am going to bring in forks for the class. This is a great way to have fun in the class. I can’t wait until Friday

8. Hi Mrs. Digangi,
    I don’t know if it’s too late to tell you i want the extra credit? But if it isn’t then I would love that. I am going to start focusing a lot better in class also. Also I am working really hard to earn the responsibility of having a partner in class.

From,
    Anthony D per

9. Hello Ms.D,
    I am so thrilled and excited to make my corn bread! I feel that baking will be a great way to earn extra credit! Happy 2nd birthday blog!!

10. This is so cool! The birthday blog and the virtual pet are great ways to encourage students to visit the blog. I’m glad I got Anna to say hi. By the way, I voted for the monkey @(^_^)@ and am looking forward to making gingersnaps for the class.

11. I am going to make corn bread for the blogs birthday! I would love the extra credit.

12. Hi Mrs D

since I just moved here to Marlton I don’t know any people from Cheeroke. I know the polls are closed but I still vote for the wolf because wolves are cool. I’d still be really happy to bring in cups for the extra credit on Friday

Thanks!

13. Hi Ms.Digangi
    Im making pumpkin pie for the blogs birthday. I can’t wait to bring it it on friday.

14. I totally love the idea of getting a class pet. I was thinking… If our class got a wolf as a pet, then what would we feed it? πŸ™‚

15. I am going to make corn bread for the blogs birthday! I’m excited to celebrate.

16. Hi Ms. D. I will be able to make the candied orange peels for Friday. I hope that they are going to be a big hit.
    Tom

17. Hi Danielle,
    It’s great to read your enthusiasm. We can discuss options tomorrow. πŸ™‚

18. Hi Gabby,
    It is so nice to hear from you! How are you? I still think about your emotionally appealing Horse Slaughter PSA and how it brought me to tears. It is was so thoughtful and well researched. Your PSA is in my top 5 All Time Favorites in 6 years. I miss having you in class and hope you are still enjoying History. πŸ™‚

19. Hi Kevin, Of course! πŸ™‚ Are you excited? Who will help you make the Colonial Gingersnaps?

20. Hi Mrs. DiGangi,
    Im bringing in paper plates for the blogs 2nd birthday! I’m excited! πŸ™‚

21. Hey Ms. Digangi!
    I would really love to make gingersnaps! I could really use the extra credit.
    Sincerely
    Kevin
    ✈

22. Hey Ms. D, Matthew asked me to write a post on the blog! I remember posting on here when i was in your class two years ago! It’s cool that you are still doing this, it really helped me! Bye!

23. Hi Ms. D!
    I would love to do the extra credit! I would like to bring in some colonial food. It sounds like it would be a lot of fun to do!

24. Hey Ms. D,
    I volunteer myself to make colonial food for the blogs 2nd birthday! As of now, I am going to make the “Orange Peel Candy.” I think its going to be pretty fun!!!

25. Hi Ms.D! I would like to make colonial food to celebrate the blog’s 2nd birthday. It sounds really fun!

26. Hi MS. D I would like to bring in a colonial food for extra credit. I already signed the sheet in class for a recipe, but you said to still post a comment on the blog, so I did.

27. Hi Ms. D! I would love to bake some Colonial food! My nana agreed to help me already. What would be some foods that we are being asked to make?

28. Hey Ms. Digangi! It’s Anna. Eva sent me here. πŸ™‚ CHS is awesome and by the way I voted for the tiger!

29. Hi Ms D! I’ll gladly volunteer to make colonial food to celebrate the blogs 2nd birthday! Sounds like a lot of fun!

30. Hi Himani,
    It’s great to hear from you! Did you like the Brainpop video? I am unsure if Mrs. M teaches similes and metaphors but will mention that you posted the video link. How is school? Thank you for voting for our class pet! πŸ™‚

31. P.S ~ I voted for a bunny. I still don’t have a pet, but bunnies are my favorite animals. I’m afraid of animals such as dogs, cats, tarantulas, all the above.

32. Hey Mrs. Digangi,

I was doing my homework which was for English and I have to find a poem that has similes and metaphors in it and I found this which reminded me of you. http://www.brainpop.com/english/writing/similesandmetaphors/preview.weml . I hope you like it and I wonder if Mrs. Masterman teaches similes just like me now learning.Well, TTYS πŸ˜€ :O πŸ˜€ I hope her brain won’t pop when she watches it, I wanted that to be funny. C YA.

33. (it’s Joe S), hey Mrs.Digangi, Alyssa told me to come and blog on this site. just to let you know history is my best subject this year. i hear you use ipads in class know, thats so cool! i wish we had them 2 years ago. it sounds like your class is a lot of fun!

34. Hey Mrs. D, Highschool is pretty good. I liked how in Tim and Moby I learned a lot about events in history i didnt know much about. We are learning about Nelson Mandela in my world geography class and I thought of last year when we talked about it in social studies. Make sure you give Adam extra homework!

35. Hi Billy,
    It is great to hear from you. πŸ™‚ How is high school? Adam is a pleasure to have in class but we miss you too! Thank you for the feedback on Tim and Moby. What did you like about their videos and quizzes? Check out the post with your PSA : http://beyondthewalls.edublogs.org/?p=18

36. Glad to see your showing my work to the students. I’d like to give a shout out to my boy adam in period E for sending me back to the glory days on the conch.I never thought i would be saying this, but i miss Tim and Moby.

37. Mr. Z,
    Are you logged in to Edublogs when you post a comment? People should be able to click on your avatar or name and be redirected to your blog. Your avatar also is not showing up. That would help increase traffic to your blog. Also, we are going to join the Student Blogging Challenge which is already in progress: http://studentchallenge.edublogs.org/ – That helps bring in visitors.

Ms. D

38. Ms. D,

Thank you for the shout out. Now I just have to figure out how to get as many “hits” as you do! We did finally add a VPOD and “email subscription” widget. Have a great weekend.

Mr. Z